Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 15, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Growing up I always loved to look at the Christmas cards that we got in the mail, you know, the ones with all the pictures on them that say "Merry Christmas from the _____". We never received a whole bunch, but the few that we did get were always fun to look at. I loved seeing how families had grown and expanded over the years to add children, dogs, cats, etc. Now, this was never a tradition that my family had, we didn't take the "holiday picture" to send out for all to see, and I always imagined that when I got older and started my own family I would definitely send out Christmas cards.

Well, that is easier said than done. The last two years that I have been married, I have thought about and planned out what the picture and card would look like, but just never got around to taking the picture and actually buying the cards. SO, now that Jacob is here and out little family has grown and changed so much in the last year, I am not going to put this to the side anymore! I have already decorated the mantle in the house (I kinda got bored this last weekend and had some new garland and things from my mom) and told John that as soon as we get Jacob's stocking (his mom and grandmother are making it for him!) we are taking the picture and I am ordering cards!! And he reluctantly said ok.

I just can't wait to look back on these one day and be able to watch as our family grows and changes!

So, now I have to decide where to get the cards from and what I want them to look like/say. Well, that's easy enough. I already have an account with Shutterfly.com and all my pictures are already loaded there, I am even getting almost all of my Christmas gifts from there this year (hint, hint to any family reading this)!! So, it's perfect! I went on there website and started looking around and found some great options. There's this one:


Which is beautiful and would frame the picture I have mocked up in my head perfectly, and I love that it says "Christmas" not "Holidays".

Or there's this one:


Which is a little more classic, but I don't know if I could talk John into getting it!!

Or this one:



Which I love because you can add more than one picture.

So many choices, I don't know what I'll end up with!

So, if you are looking from a Christmas card, or just for a gift for a family member (check out these calendars, these mugs, and these mouspads for a few great ideas) go to Shutterfly.com for some awesome ideas.

Also, if you are a blogger, go here to register to get 50 free Christmas cards by simply writing a blog post like this one!!

3 comments:

The Knightens said...

I definitely LOVE the first one! but the 3rd would be good because if you have lots of great pictures (which i'm sure you do!) you can put them all on there and not have to choose :)

Anonymous said...

I like the simple ones like the first one. You are right - hard to plan ahead with so much going on and then it is too late.
Looking forward to your first family card.
Glad the mantle decorating went well.
Love you!
Mom

Lorie said...

I like the 2nd one, but I like the 3rd one too because I LOVE seeing more than one picture!